Webinar to share latest insights on BVD
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health hosts the first live web congress informing about the major cattle disease Bovine Viral Diarrhoea (BVD) on November 18th, 2015.
Starting at 6 pm CET, the congress will be broadcasted live from Barcelona via the website. The event will focus exclusively on BVD and will feature five international experts with different backgrounds who will share their special insights on the disease.
- Dr Volker Moennig, Professor emeritus, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Germany
- Dr Robert Fux, Institute for Infectious Diseases and Zoonoses, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Germany
- Dr Dan Givens, Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, USA
- Dr Jocelyn Amiot, Monestoy Veterinary Clinique, Epinac, France
- Dr James Roth, Director, Center for Food Security and Public Health, Iowa State University, USA
The web congress will provide a general overview on the disease as well as information on a variety of special topics: BVD in dairy animals, the real role of PI (persistently infected) animals, practical tips on BVD management in the suckling cows segment, and the role of cellular and humoral immunity after BVD vaccination.
BVD is global problem
"BVD is not a problem of a single country, it is a European and an important worldwide problem," states Volker Moennig, one of the speakers. "This web congress is a great opportunity to talk to thousands of vets about the hidden threat represented by BVD." BVD is one of the major cattle diseases with worldwide distribution. The disease is caused by 2 different types of viruses (BVDV-1 and BVDV-2). BVD can cause a variety of clinical disease syndromes, including immunosuppression, infertility, abortions and congenital defects in calves. Some animals may develop a more severe condition known as mucosal disease, which can cause high mortality in affected animals.
To comment, register here
Or register to be able to comment.