Worsening public health conditions linked to the Covid-19 epidemic in France have led to the 29th edition of Sommet De L'elevage 2020 being cancelled.
Local authorities of the Puy-de-Dôme department can no longer agree to the derogation that would have allowed the show's organisers to disrespect the maximum limit of 5,000 visitors/day present on an exhibition (as announced by the Prime Minister on the 11 August). The event was due to be held on the 7, 8 and 9 October 2020.
Sommet De L'elevage 2019. Photo: Zana van Dijk
The show's organisers are already planning a special edition of the event for 2021, including:
• The 30th anniversary of the Sommet
• Open to visitors over 4 days (5 - 8 October 2021)
• Organization of the Aubrac breed National Championships
• Inauguration of a new permanent hall of 10,000 m²
• Reorganisation of the show's outdoor area
The 30th edition will take place on 5-6-7-8 October 2021 in Clermont-Ferrand, France.